Wednesday, October 21, 2009

P2 R1 D22 - VLCD20

Morning Report
The scale is up today, got some ideas why, maybe the balsamic vinegar on my lettuce yesterday or the chicken breast I had; it tasted a little sweet, not sure what was in it. I ate at Fresh Choice yesterday and only had chicken and lettuce but if you don't know what they put in it then you're screwed... Lesson learned. Nothing I can really do about it so I'm going to move on...

I am also back to poor BMs. No more smooth move tea. It was short term gratification and not a long term solution so I need to find something that works for me. I'll be searching the boards for that bit of info soon.

Took my doses this morning on time, drinking my tea this morning, I have my meal planned for lunch, prepared to drink lots of water today, and I have my goal dress to help keep me focused.

I didn't get the cabbage made last night but I'm thinking tonight might be the night. I bought it, now all I have to do is cook it, I got 2 heads this time. Two heads are better than 1 right! :)

Today as I move past week 3 into week 4 of this protocol I will be thinking about what Corrine said about "Newbie Frustration." I think it is appropriate for this point of my hhcg journey.

Words of wisdom from, Corrine, of Phit-N-Phat:
Newbie Frustration
29 August 07 09:32 PM | Corinne

I wrote this in response to a client having a tough time making it past three weeks of their new diet and fitness program. I hope this helps all of you see that you are normal and give you a roadmap for your first month.

It's common in week three of anything we do we hit a wall. Weight loss, a new hobby, a new job all take about three weeks for the newness to wear off. It's normal!

In the beginning of your fitness and fat loss journey everything is shiny and new. You are excited and you have new tools and a renewed focus. Week two, you are going strong and proud of your success and typically "reward" yourself with a splurge or a day off from exercise. You haven't even formed the habit of your new lifestyle, but you are flying high! Week three, you feel the workouts, the calorie restriction, and you don't see 20lbs falling off your body so you get discouraged. TOM might even be settling in for a quick visit. You suddenly realize this is going to be a long process, but you feel like you are working hard for what? Four pounds? You probably also have had a chance for your family and friends to get tired of your efforts and then they start pulling at you. Here comes that little nag in your head, "Hey, you ate that one meal and it didn't hurt, do it again."

You put all that together and week three turns into backsliding into your old, comfy ways. The key is stay accountable and focused. This is where your Forum journaling and your PNP buddies come in handy. It takes loads of accountability and honest feedback from other girls in the trenches to form the habits needed to push forward with a new lifestyle.

Week four...the clouds part and the angels sing. It's time for your four week measuring day! When you make it one month and work your plan, you will be rewarded with inches lost. That is your prize. Make it to this point and the whole lifestyle just gets easier.

What I plan to eat:
tea
apple
shrimp
asparagus
orange
wine
shrimp
cabbage

Evening Report
By the Grace of God I passed my exam. Yesss! Didn't get my evening meal in but I did have some wine :0) I know... Haven't cooked the cabbage yet either, darnit! I had class last night and when I got home I was pooped. The Anderson Method has had some really neat stuff to say and I'm really enjoying the book and the growing/learning experience. Really looking forward to the 170s; can't wait till my body goes through the correcting process. But I guess I will have to wait.

1 comment: