Thursday, October 1, 2009

P2 R1 D2 - Loading

The scale was up a few pounds today, 199.4. Guess I did a good job loading.

It was interesting to experience trying to do something on purpose and realizing I used to do this unconciously before now. Let me explain, after dinner I went on CalorieKing.com and looked up how many calories and fat I took in because I wanted to make sure I was loading enough fat grams. When I looked up the meal there were 1440 calories in it, that doesn't include the calories from all the other stuff I ate with the meal like bread with butter, soup, and wine! OMFGoodnes!!!! But what was worse is the thought that I've done that before now and not looked up the info or had a second thought about how many calories I just shoved in my mouth.

To top off last nights experience, the chapter I am reading in The Anderson Method talked about eating consciously and not puting anything in your mouth without knowing how many calories are in it. The chapter had more to say and I'm leaving out a really good story he shared before mentioning calories but ultimately the point I got yesterday was how much unconscious eating I've done... that was a big WOW for me.

I think I will practice the art of calorie counting (conscious eating) while I'm taking this journey and make it a part of what I do from now on. It was a good lesson to read in Anderson's book and to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment